WHAT IS THE ECOBOT CHALLENGE?
- A fun all-day engineering competition for 5th-8th graders, in 4- person teams, featuring robotics
- Students build and program real robots to perform real-world tasks on specially designed competition tables
- In 2014, there are four "missions" - The Texas Medical Center biotechnology, rocket launching, renewable energy, and remote underwater exploration.
HOW CAN YOU BE ACTIVE?
- Follow all of our social media at the right
- Find out how to register a team and attend a Practice Day.
- Become a Volunteer or Judge on Challenge Day!
- Sponsor a team or event and join the festivities on Challenge Day!
HOW DO WE GET STARTED?
- Grab a group of friends and a coach! Teams are comprised of 4 students in grades 5th - 8th and can be any mixture of girls/boys, grade levels, or school/organization! Teams can be sponsored by schools (public/private/faith-based), religious organizations, scout troops, boys/girls clubs, or any community/professional organizations. Coaches are any adult (teachers, parents, community leaders, professionals, etc.) willing to learn, mentor students, and attend the May 17th Challenge Day at Reliant Center.
- Prepare to make your Ecobot Store purchases using our Budget Guide to understand the associated expenses. CLOSED
- Register and attend Build-It Days and Practice Days to learn about robotics and the 2014 Challenge Day Missions. Participants, their parents, and teachers/coaches are invited and requested to attend these trainings! Plus, they are FREE of charge! See the dates and registrations on our home page. CLOSED
- Register to participate in the All-Earth Ecobot Challenge on May 17, 2014 at Reliant Center, Hall E. CLOSED