The Education Foundation of Harris County is proud to announce its upcoming teacher training opportunities for teachers/coaches who will lead Ecobot teams at their schools!
Two trainings are scheduled (teachers only have to come to one!) on October 2nd and October 3rd from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm at the Harris County Department of Education, 6300 Irvington Blvd, Houston 77022.
This training will focus on four primary areas:
- Discovering general concepts of this year's game and incentive program.
- Learning how to engineer with Lego and program with EV3 software.
- Exploring helpful digital resources that will help your team grow skills in engineering/programming.
- Developing teams.
- New Ecobot Teachers who commit to leading teams at their schools will have the opportunity to secure an EV3 robot kit for full participation in this year's events. This means that first year Ecobot teachers may register and attend training, and be provided with a robot if they do not yet have a robot kit. New Ecobot teachers will be asked to sign a note regarding participation, and assuring us of payment before March 1, 2016, and in return may take their robots home with them at the end of the day (limited supplies on-hand)!
- Returning Ecobot Teachers must come with an EV3 or NXT robot kit. Please pre-assemble the robot prior to arrival at training.
- All Teachers must bring their laptops.
- 5 CEU credits will be earned.
- Ecobot history, Lead teacher intro, game/demo, program review, concepts, changes, Q&A
- First year teachers begin construction of robot
Returning teachers begin programming
- Teachers come together to accomplish 4 basic robot missions
- Debrief on digital resources and team building skills
- Final Q&A and release with 5 CEU credits